INTERIORS - Laura Casey Interiors - Modern Bungalow and Vignette

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Laura Casey designs with a refined, yet subtle, elegance. I mentioned to Laura that her style reminds me of a designer made famous by a certain longtime afternoon talk-show host. Yet, she goes beyond Nate's work by complimenting the client's style rather than overwriting it.
And, that's what I seek to do when photographing a location. Whether shooting a building or interior space, I look for clues that express the owner's style and integrate that with my client's aesthetic. It took me just a moment to notice the homeowner's copy of "Ashes and Snow" - the coffee table book with the brown, handmade paper cover. Upon seeing that book, I understood better what my client's client (the homeowner) values. Then I framed the shots keeping all of this in mind - my experience, the designer's aesthetic, and just a hint of what her client considers important.
Google "Ashes and Snow" to see what I mean. Or, call me sometime and, over coffee or a glass of wine, I'll share with you my copy of the book. It too presents with a refined, yet subtle elegance.

Laura Casey Interiors
Visit Laura Casey Interiors

No comments:

Post a Comment